Friday, April 8, 2016

Week #12: Portfolio of Artworks

During the latter half of this week in class we talked about our portfolios, and how it is important that we present our work to potential employers.  I would like to take a little time to discuss myself as an artist and share some of my work here.

As an artist my strengths are within the sphere of two-dimensional artwork.  My emphasis is photography, and I have a special love of film photography, but I am also fairly skilled in printmaking, drawing, and painting.  Sculpture and ceramics have never been my strong suit, but I have had to learn techniques in both.  I find that I have an easier time with constructive sculpture such as wood working or jewelry making, and I think it is because my dad was such a handyman when I was growing up and I often helped him with his projects.

I would love to teach any kind of art class, and would definitely be up to the challenge of a sculpture class or a media class.  My wheelhouse is definitely the world of two dimensions, but I have always been excited to learn new techniques, and even in the artistic subjects I struggle with I have always received positive feedback.

I have a large variety of work, which is unfortunately poorly photographed, or not photographed at all.  This makes it hard to share my work from the last few years, but I can provide a few examples (these will be displayed below).  In addition, I can provide links to my current website and Flickr page.  My website is a little outdated and needs improvement, but has a large amount of my work, and my Flickr has a good collection of my photography.

Nathan’s Website:  nathansartist.wix.com/nathansmith



Below are a few examples of my more previous work.  These pieces have not been documented completely or added to my website quite yet.  They are mainly projects are from classes in jewelry making, printmaking, figure structure drawing, digital photography, and large format black and white film photography.








No comments:

Post a Comment